Monday, June 11, 2012

Ground control to Major Minaj


I wasn't sure if I should include this in the Space Realm, but thought it would be biased not to at least explore the possiblity.. Let me know what you think


Nicki Minaj's Starship currents sits at #5 on the Hot 100 Songs list. Aside from its maniac popness and blatant sexual exploitation, what do we see in this video? Liberated individuals free to express themselves in paradise. You may be thinking, hey! that's "the west." Perhaps it is, but conflict does not come down on these island people. They get to "Dance all life*, theres no end it sight" and don't have to pay rent anymore. Wooo! Sounds pretty awesome to me. The super saturated landscape with its random colored smokes and liquids and replicating individuals may not be the pearly gates, but I'm sure a lot of people would like to be on that island with Nicki right now. It's location is otherworldly, and I'll call it some sort of space. It's full of happy, healthy people with no worries. Heaven.

 *"That's our life" was an alternitive lyric, but it always ends in life, not night.

No comments:

Post a Comment